Aids in discriminating between current and past cytomegalovirus infection in immunocompetent individuals.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Label specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050165||Cytomegalovirus Antibody, IgG|
|0050553||Cytomegalovirus Antibody, IgM|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050165||CMV Antibody IgG||5124-3|
|0050553||CMV Antibody IgM||7853-5|
- CMV Antibodies
- CMV IgG & IgM
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Antibodies, IgG and IgM, Serum