Detect circulating immune complexes. Consider ordering Immune Complex Panel (0050667), which contains both Raji cell immune complex and C1q binding assays.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST)
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow complete clotting of red blood cells (up to 1 hour), then separate serum from cells within 30 minutes and freeze immediately. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL) If ordered in conjunction with a Raji Cell Assay, transfer TWO (2) 1 mL aliquots of serum to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than or equal to 3.9 µg Eq/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050301||C1q Binding Assay||27831-7|
- Circulating complement binding immune complex
- Immune Complex Assay