First-line screening test for Lynch syndrome. Highly recommended prior to ordering germline mismatch repair mutation analysis gene testing. Directs subsequent genetic diagnostic testing for Lynch syndrome.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen. If sending precut slides, do not oven bake. Transport tissue block or 10 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.(Min: 5 slides). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Depleted or no tumor in tissue. Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type.
- Only tissue that is clearly carcinoma (established by histological criteria) should be tested. Include surgical pathology report. Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP requisition form complete with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049199||Client Case or Ref #||49581-2|
|0049303||Mismatch Repair by IHC, Result||50595-8|
|0049305||Mismatch Repair by IHC with MLH1||50322-7|
|0049310||Mismatch Repair by IHC with MSH2||50323-5|
|0049320||Mismatch Repair by IHC with MSH6||50324-3|
|0049325||Mismatch Repair by IHC with PMS2||50328-4|
- MLH1 IHC
- MMR IHC
- MMR Immunostaining
- MSH2 IHC
- MSH6 IHC
- MSI Antibody Immunostaining
- MSI IHC
- PMS2 IHC