Determine monocytic lineage in acute myeloid leukemia.
Anatomic Pathology Test Request Form Recommended (ARUP form #32960)
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or green (sodium or lithium heparin). OR heparinized bone marrow aspirate.
- Specimen Preparation
- Blood: Protect from light. Transport 5 mL whole blood AND 6 unfixed, air-dried, and unstained push smears made from the blood submitted. (Min: 1 mL AND 6 unfixed smears).
OR Bone Marrow: Protect from light. Transport 1 mL heparinized aspirate AND 6 unfixed, air-dried, and unstained bone marrow aspirate smears. (Min: 0.5 mL AND 6 unfixed smears).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Testing must be performed within 48 hours of collection.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Peripheral blood smears older than one year. Anticoagulated blood or bone marrow sent without well-prepared unfixed smears older than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049050||Esterase Stain, Nonspecific||11016-3|
- Non-Specific Esterase
- NSE Butyrate