Useful as an indicator of acute toxicity. May be useful as an indicator of deficiency in conjunction with Zinc, Serum or Plasma (0020097).
- Patient Preparation
- Diet, medication, and nutritional supplements may introduce interfering substances. Patients should be encouraged to discontinue nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, and non-essential over-the-counter medications (upon the advice of their physician). Collection from patients receiving iodinated or gadolinium-based contrast media must be avoided for a minimum of 72 hours post-exposure. Collection from patients with impaired kidney function should be avoided for a minimum of 14 days post contrast media exposure.
- 24 Hour Urine. Refrigerate during collection. Specimen must be collected in a plastic container. Also acceptable: Random Urine.24 Hour Urine. Refrigerate during collection. Specimen must be collected in a plastic container. Also acceptable: Random Urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer an 8 mL aliquot from a well-mixed collection to ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tubes (ARUP supply #43116) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected within 72 hours after administration of iodinated or gadolinium-based contrast media. Acid preserved urine. Specimens transported in containers other than specified. Specimen contaminated with blood or fecal material.
- Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and on test request form.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Zinc, Urine||15.0-120.0 µg/dL|
|Zinc, Urine-per 24h||150.0-1200.0 µg/d|
|Zinc, Urine-ratio to CRT||110.0-750.0 µg/gCRT|
| ||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020102||Zinc, Urine - per volume||21610-1|
|0020103||Zinc, Urine - per 24h||5765-3|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume||2161-8|
|0020208||Creatinine, Urine - per 24h||2162-6|
|0025063||Zinc, Urine - ratio to CRT||27201-3|
- Normalized Urine Zinc
- urine zinc concentration
- Zinc/Creatinine Ratio, Random, Urine
- Zn Urine