Do not use as a stand-alone test. This non-specific test has been replaced by more specific markers for muscle or liver damage. It has largely been replaced by other enzyme tests such as CK, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) as markers of muscle or liver damage.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than serum. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 6 months
|0-30 days||6.0-32.0 U/L|
|1-5 months||3.0-12.0 U/L|
|6-35 months||3.5-10.0 U/L|
|3-6 years||2.7-8.8 U/L|
|7-17 years||3.3-9.7 U/L|
|18 years and older||1.5-8.1 U/L|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Aldolase, S
- Fructose-Biphosphate Aldolase
- Total Aldolase