Specific indicator of pancreatic damage. Patients with acute pancreatitis have significantly elevated concentrations.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST) or Plain Red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for 15-20 minutes at room temperature Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 3 months
|0-17 years||Not established|
|18 years and older||180.5-885.3 ng/mL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|