Confirm and quantify the presence of hepatitis D virus.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells. Transport 1 mL serum in a sterile container. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 4 months
A negative result (less than 2.1 log IU/mL or less than 120 IU/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or HDV RNA concentrations below the level of detection of the test. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2013883||HDV by Quantitative PCR, Source||31208-2|
|2013884||HDV by Quantitative PCR, IU/mL|
|2013885||HDV by Quantitative PCR, Log IU/mL|
|2013886||HDV by Quantitative PCR, Interp||7906-1|
- Hepatitis D Virus