Aid in prediction of response to pembrolizumab (KEYTRUDA), as first- or second-line therapy, for patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808 recommended but not required), available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 3 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining; specimens fixed in any fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin.
- Include surgical pathology report and indicate tissue site with the test order. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012108||PD-L1 Client Block ID|
|2013285||PDL1 Tissue Source|
|2013286||Adequacy of Specimen|
|2013287||Tumor Proportion Score|
|2013288||PDL1 22C3 by IHC Result|