Primarily for research and to support attempts to understand the pathogenesis of immune, infectious, allergic, or inflammatory disorders.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 20 mL whole blood (patient) AND 20 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 14 mL (patient) AND 14 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze.
LIVE CELLS REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 14 mL (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Phytohemagglutinin, concanavalin A and pokeweed mitogen are tested independently in lymphocyte culture. Lymphocyte proliferation in response to the non-specific mitogens phytohemagglutinin (PHA), concanavalin A (Con A) and pokeweed (PW) are determined by 3H-thymidine incorporation.
Results are reported as counts per minute (CPM) mitogen stimulated versus a control culture and a stimulation Index (SI) which represents the ratio of CPM of the stimulated lymphocytes to the mean CPM of the unstimulated control.
SI*=Stimulation Index (CPM Mitogen/CPM Media alone)
Antigens (Candida albicans, tetanus toxoid) and mitogens (phytohemagglutinin, concanavalin A, pokeweed) are tested independently in lymphocyte culture. Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell (PBMC) cytokine production responses to these antigens and mitogens are determined by quantitative multiplex bead assay. Results are used to understand the pathophysiology of immune, infectious, or inflammatory disorders, or may be used for research purposes.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0096056||Lymphocyte Ag and Mitogen Panel||59063-8|
|2013112||Cytokine Production, Ags and Mitogens||53810-8|
- Blastogenesis Antigens
- Blastogenesis Mitogens
- IFN Gamma
- IL 1 beta
- IL 10
- IL 12 Receptor
- IL 13
- IL 17
- IL 2
- IL 4
- IL 5
- IL 6
- IL 8
- IL-1 Beta
- IL2 Receptor
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis Antigen
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis Mitogens
- Mitogen Studies
- TNF Alpha