Primarily for research and to support attempts to understand the pathogenesis of immune, infectious, allergic, or inflammatory disorders.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST), Plain Red, or Green (Lithium Heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 30 minutes; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|