Detects RET gene rearrangements in solid tumors. Does not identify the translocation partner or variant.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tumor tissue. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained, consecutively cut, 5-micron thick sections, mounted on positively charged glass slides. (Min: 2 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report with reason for referral. The laboratory will not reject specimens that arrive without a pathology report but will hold the specimen until this information is received.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012656||RET by FISH Result|