Optimize drug therapy and monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Gel Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Drugs covered: zolpidem
Positive cutoff: 20 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012653||Zolpidem, S/P, Quant|