Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out cocaine exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Cocaine, Urine, Quantitative (0090359) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient; 1 week, Refrigerated; 1 month, Frozen; 1 year
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092192||Cocaine, Urn, Screen||19363-1|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
- Pain Management
- Pain Management, Cocaine Metabolite with Confirmation with medMATCH, Urine
- Pain Management, Cocaine Metabolite, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine