Gold standard reflex testing for confirming diagnosis of HIT. Serotonin Release Assay is performed for positive HIT Antibody, IgG.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 5.0 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2.0 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Additional specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 2 years
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|2012179||Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) PF4 Antibody, IgG||Less than or equal to 0.399 OD|
|2005631||Serotonin Release Assay (Heparin Dependent Platelet Antibody), Unfractionated Heparin||Negative|
A clinical scoring system to assess pretest probability of HIT along with other guidance for diagnosis is available in ARUP Consult®: http://www.arupconsult.com/Topics/HIT.html.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012180||Hep-Ind Thrombocytopenia PF4 Ab, IgG||73818-7|
- Heparin Induced Antibodies
- Heparin PF4 Antibody
- Heparin-Associated Antibody
- HIT Antibodies
- HIT IgG, IgM, IgA
- HIT PF4 Antibodies
- Type II HIT