Monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain Red, Lavender (K2EDTA), Lavender (K3EDTA), Green (Sodium Heparin), Gray (Potassium Oxalate/Sodium Fluoride), or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 4 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood. Serum separator tubes, Light Blue (Sodium Citrate), or Plasma separator tubes. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
Positive cutoff: 0.1 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011777||Fentanyl, S/P, Quant||3636-8|
|2011779||Fentanyl Dose Frequency|
|2011781||Fentanyl Type of Draw|
|2011782||Norfentanyl, S/P, Quant||11074-2|
- Fentanyl and Metabolite
- fentanyl and norfentanyl blood levels
- pain management