Optimize drug therapy and monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Pre-dose (Trough) Draw - At a Steady State Concentration or Plasma Pre-dose (Trough) Draw - At a Steady State Concentration in Plain Red, Lavender (K2EDTA), Lavender (K3EDTA), or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood. Gel Separator Tubes, Light Blue (Sodium Citrate), or Yellow (SPS or ACD Solution).
- Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 month
|Therapeutic Range:||1.0-4.0 µg/mL|
|Toxic:||Greater than 4 µg/mL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011759||Sotalol Dose Frequency|
|2011761||Sotalol Type of Draw|
|2011762||Sotalol, Serum or Plasma||12416-4|
- betapace blood level
- sotalol blood level