Order for rapid identification of mutations associated with drug resistance for M. tuberculosis treatment. For phenotypic drug susceptibility testing, refer to Antimicrobial Susceptibility, AFB/Mycobacterium tuberculosis Primary Panel (0060347).
- Patient Preparation
- Pure culture of M. tuberculosis complex on solid or liquid media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on solid or in liquid media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected of being a microorganism listed as infectious substance affecting humans on IATA list, submit specimen
according to Biological Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures, isolates other than M. tuberculosis complex, non-viable organism. Agar Plates.
- Organism identification required.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011714||TB Rifampin Resistance by Sequencing||48176-2|
|2011715||TB Isoniazid Resistance by Sequencing||48175-4|
|2011716||TB Ethambutol Resistance by Sequencing||46247-3|
- AFB primary panel
- Ethambutol susceptibility
- isoniazid susceptibility
- pyrazinamide susceptibility
- rifampin susceptibility