Confirm and quantify the presence of hepatitis E virus.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Additional information required: Specimen source
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 week
A negative result (less than 3.3 log IU/mL or less than 1,800 IU/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or HEV RNA concentrations below the level of detection of the test. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011656||Hepatitis E Quant by PCR, Log IU/mL||78750-7|
|2011657||Hepatitis E Quant by PCR, Interp||48767-8|
|2011658||Hepatitis E Quant by PCR, IU/mL||69961-1|
|2011659||Hepatitis E Quant by PCR, Source||31208-2|
- Viral load monitoring