Indicated for individuals with metastatic colorectal cancer to guide treatment with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies (ie, cetuximab and panitumumab). Detects mutations in BRAF, KRAS, NRAS, extended KRAS, and PIK3CA.
Assay: Tue, Thu
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue Tumor, Tissue Resections, or Tissue Small Biopsies.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat.
Transport block and/or slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through
eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
Resections: 8 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 5 slides)
Small biopsies: 15 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 10 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 10 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|