Optimize drug therapy and monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Pre-dose (Trough) Draw - At a Steady State Concentration or Plasma Pre-dose (Trough) Draw - At a Steady State Concentration in Plain Red, Lavender (K2EDTA), Lavender (K3EDTA), or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Citrated Plasma. Tubes that contain liquid anticoagulant.
- Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
|Therapeutic Range:||0.6-2.4 ng/mL|
|Toxic:||Greater than 12 ng/mL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011557||Perphenazine Dose Frequency|
|2011559||Perphenazine Type of Draw|
- etrafon blood level
- perphenazine blood level