Optimize drug therapy and monitor patient adherence.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain Red, Lavender (K2EDTA), Lavender (K3EDTA), or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood. Gel Separator Tubes, Light Blue (Sodium Citrate), or Yellow (SPS or ACD Solution).
- Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 months
|Dose-Related Range||5.0-20.0 µg/mL|
|Toxic||Greater than 40.0 µg/mL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011456||Meprobamate, Serum or Plasma||3753-1|
|2011523||Meprobamate Dose Frequency|
|2011525||Meprobamate Type of Draw|
- Meprobamate blood level