HIV-1 sequencing test identifies tropism (CCR5 or CXCR4) of HIV-1 virus in patients being considered for CCR5 or CSCR4 antagonist therapy. If patients viral load is <1,000 HIV-1 copies/mL, refer to Trofile DNA Co-Receptor Tropism Assay (2004747).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA). Also acceptable: Plasma separator tube (PST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Specimens collected in lavender (EDTA) must be separated from cells within 6 hours of collection. Specimens collected in plasma separator tube (PST) must be separated from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 5 mL plasma to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Critical Frozen: Separate specimens must be submitted with multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011280||DEEPGEN Viral Load|
|2011281||DEEPGEN Viral Load Date|
|2011284||EER HIV-1 Co-Receptor Tropism by NGS||11526-1|
Performed at University Hospital Translational Lab (UHTL)