HIV-1 deep sequencing test predicts susceptibility to
• Protease inhibitors (PI)
• Reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI, NNRTI)
• Integrase inhibitors (INI)
• Receptor inhibitors (CCR5 or CXCR4 tropism)
Some studies have shown improved outcomes using deep versus traditional (Sanger) HIV sequencing, but other studies have not.
• 2014 European case-control study for NNRTIs (refer to PubMed ID: 25336166)
• 2015 French study on highly-pretreated patients (refer to PubMed ID: 25755001)
• 2016 Uganda retrospective study on antiviral treatment failures (refer to PubMed ID: 27001818)
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Specimens must be separated from cells within 6 hours of collection. Transfer 5 mL plasma to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Critical Frozen: Separate specimens must be submitted with multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011280||DEEPGEN Viral Load|
|2011281||DEEPGEN Viral Load Date|
|2011282||EER HIV-1 Genotyping and Tropism by NGS||11526-1|
Performed at University Hospital Translational Lab (UHTL)