Confirm clinical diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or yellow (ACD Solution A or B).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Informed consent is required for ALS genetic testing. Consent forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
A completed ALS specific consent form, signed by the patient (or legal guardian) and physician, is required for all specimens. Testing for patients under the age of 18 years or fetal specimens is not offered. Presymptomatic counseling is recommended by a genetics professional prior to testing. Call Genetics Processing with additional questions at 800-242-2787 ext 3301.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011206||ALS Panel Specimen||31208-2|
|2011209||ALS Panel Interpretation||35474-6|
- ALS2, ANG, FIG4, FUS, OPTN, SETX, SOD1, TARDBP, UBQLN2, VAPB, VCP
- Familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (FALS)
- Frontotemporal dementia (FTD)
- Genes tested, sequencing and deletion/duplication: ALS2, ANG, FIG4, FUS, OPTN, SETX
- Lou Gehrig's disease
- SOD1, TARDBP, UBQLN2, VAPB, VCP