Recommended test for identifying beryllium sensitization and chronic beryllium disease (CBD). Use in asymptomatic individuals with chronic exposure to beryllium or in symptomatic individuals with a history of beryllium exposure.
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Specimen must be received at performing laboratory with 24 hours of collection. Do not send to ARUP Laboratories. For direct submission instructions, please contact ARUP Referral Testing at (800) 242-2787, ext. 5145. Gently invert several times to mix and prevent clotting. Do not centrifuge. Transport 40 mL whole blood in the original collection tube(s). (Min: 30 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Send Monday- Thursday only. Specimen must be sent directly to performing laboratory. Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Centrifuged specimens.
- Ambient: 30 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011053||Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation|
- Beryllium Lymphocyte Stimulation, Blood
Performed at National Jewish