• For initial diagnosis and disease monitoring of epidermolysis bullosa acquisita.
• To further evaluate IgG BMZ antibodies, consider ordering with Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG (0092056) and Bullous Pemphigoid Antigens (180 kDa and 230 kDa), IgG (0092566).
• Consider other types of BMZ antibody-associated disease testing (i.e., Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgA (0092057) and Herpes Gestationis Factor (Complement-Fixing Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG) (0092283)).
• To discriminate among the immunobullous skin diseases in patients suspected or known to have any type of immunobullous disease, order concurrently with testing for Epithelial Skin Antibody (0090299) or refer to Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP230 Antibodies, IgG (0092001) and Pemphigus Antibody Panel - Epithelial Cell Surface Antibodies and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies, IgG (0090650).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010906||Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA|
|2010907||EER Collagen Type VII Ab IgG, by ELISA|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology