• Order with celiac disease serology testing for patient with possible dermatitis herpetiformis. IgA epidermal transglutaminase (transglutaminase 3 or TG3) antibodies are pathogenic in dermatitis herpetiformis, and an increased level is distinctly characteristic of the disorder.
• For initial diagnosis and to discriminate among the immunobullous skin diseases in patients suspected or known to have any type of immunobullous disease, order concurrently with Epithelial Skin Antibody (0090299) or refer Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP230 Antibodies, IgG (0092001) and Pemphigus Antibody Panel - Epithelial Cell Surface Antibodies and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies, IgG (0090650).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010903||Epidermal Transglutaminase Ab IgA, ELISA|
|2010904||EER Epidermal Transglutaminase Ab, IgA|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology