HIV-1 combined pheno- and genotyping test provides antiretroviral susceptibility information for protease inhibitors (PI), reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI, NNRTI), and integrase inhibitors (INI). Preferred test for patients with known or suspected complex drug resistance patterns (eg, suboptimal virologic response to treatment and viral load rebound).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or plasma preparation tube (PPT).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 6 hours of collection. Transfer 5 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Provide patient's most recent viral load and viral load collection date.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 2 weeks; Frozen at -70°C: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092074||Viral Load Date||19151-0|
|2010809||EER HIV-1 PhenoSense GT Plus Integrase|
Performed at Monogram Biosciences