Detect and quantify HIV-1; includes phenotypic determination.
- Patient Preparation
- Two Lavender (EDTA) or two Plasma Preparation Tubes (PPT).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 6 hours of collection. Transfer two 3 mL aliquots (6 mL total) of plasma into individual ARUP Standard Transport Tube(s). (Min: 4.5 mL total) Two tubes are required. One tube will be tested for the HIV by Quantitative PCR assay; if reflexed, the other tube will be tested by HIV PhenoSense GT.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Specimens submitted in plasma preparation tube. Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
If Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 by Quantitative PCR result is greater than or equal to 500 copies /mL, then HIV PhenoSense GT will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020297||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR (log copy/mL)||49890-7|
|0051817||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR Interp||24013-5|
|2002646||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR (copy/mL)||25836-8|
- HIV quantitative
- HIV-1 RNA
- HIV-1 RNA Viral Load
- HIV1 viral load monitoring
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 (Abbott RealTime)
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)