Confirm active HCV infection following positive HCV screen when a higher level of subtype resolution is required.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube, or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 3 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 6 weeks
If Hepatitis C Virus by Quantitative PCR result is greater than or equal to 5.0 log IU/mL, then Hepatitis C Virus High-Resolution Genotype by Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051819||HCV Qnt by PCR Interp||11259-9|
|0099030||HCV Qnt by PCR (log IU/mL)||38180-6|
|2002324||HCV Qnt by PCR (IU/mL)||11011-4|
|2010794||EER HCV Qnt PCR, Reflex to High Res Geno|
- HCV confirmation
- HCV genotype
- HCV quantitative
- HCV treatment decision
- Hepatitis C Viral Load, Genotype reflex
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring