Aid in the evaluation of unexplained hypercalcemia, particularly in suspected hypercalcemia of malignancy. Amino (N)- and carboxy (C)-terminus PTHrP fragments, such as those produced by some patients with renal insufficiency, do not interfere with this assay.
- Patient Preparation
- Protease Inhibitor tube (PPACK; Phe-Pro-Arg-chlormethylketone) - (ARUP supply #49662), available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Mix well. Separate from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 1.5 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.7 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 3 months
|Under 18 years||Not established||Not established|
|18 years and older||0.0-2.3 pmol/L||0.0-3.4 pmol/L|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0093016||PTHrP by LC-MS/MS, Plasma||15087-0|
- Humoral Hypercalcemia of Malignancy Factor
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Peptide
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Protein
- Parathyroid Related Polypeptide
- Parathyroid Related Protein
- PTH Related Peptide
- PTH Related Protein
- PTHrP secretion
- PTHRP, Plasma