- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate). Also acceptable: Plain red, green (sodium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma or whole blood collected in lt. blue (sodium citrate). Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 years (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
Positive cutoff: 10 ng/mL.
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010461||Phencyclidine (PCP), S/P, Quant||3934-7|