Assess the risk of distant recurrence in post-menopausal women with early stage (stage I or stage II), hormone receptor-positive (ER+ and/or PR+) breast cancer. Useful in both node-negative and node-positive (1-3 nodes) disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed excised tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained 10-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (recommended but not required). (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer). Decalcified specimens. Needle core biopsy. Less than 10 percent tumor.
- Surgical pathology report required.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010249||Prosigna Tumor Size|
|2010250||Prosigna Node Status|
|2010253||EER Prosigna Breast Cancer||11526-1|
- PAM 50