Preferred test for FFPE tissue at time of diagnosis for detecting prognostically important genomic abnormalities in leukemias/lymphomas and solid tumors involving
• Loss/gain of DNA
• Loss of heterozygosity (LOH)
Monitor disease progression and response to therapy.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport 10 slides, each with 5-micron unstained sections or four 20-micron scrolls or tissue block. Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport tissue in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5).
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010230||Cytogenomic MIP Array, FFPE||62375-1|
|2010231||EER Cytogenomic MIP Microarray, FFPE||11526-1|
- array CGH
- Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- Chromosomal Microarray
- oncology, formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, FFPE
- Single-nucleotide-polymorphism (SNP) array
- Whole Genome Array