Screening test in tumor that is morphologically and clinically suspicious for GIST when CD117 is negative.
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (4-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808 recommended but not required) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 3 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- Ambient: Indefinite; Refrigerated: Indefinite; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010169||DOG1 by Immunohistochemistry|
|2011611||DOG1 Client Case or Reference Number|