Preferred test to follow-up presumptive results. For general screening, Amphetamines Urine Screen with Reflex to Quantitation (2012209) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
|Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA)||200 ng/mL|
|Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (Ecstasy, MDMA)||200 ng/mL|
|Methylenedioxyethylamphetamine (Eve, MDEA)||200 ng/mL|
Positive cutoff: 200 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010077||Amphetamine, Urn, Quant||19346-6|
|2010078||Methamphetamine, Urn, Quant||3780-4|
|2010079||MDA, Urn, Quant||18355-8|
|2010080||MDMA, Urn, Quant||19570-1|
|2010081||MDEA, Urn, Quant||27085-0|
- MDMA Confirmation, Urine
- Pain Management
- Pain Management, Amphetamines, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine
- Pain Management, Amphetamines, with Confirmation with medMATCH, Urine
- Pain Management, MDMA/MDA Quantitative, Urine
- Pain Management, MDMA/MDA, Quantitative, with medMATCH, Urine
- Vicks Inhaler