- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 2 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- Ambient: Indefinitely, Refrigerated: Indefinitely, Frozen: Unacceptable
All stains will be handled as "Stain and Return" unless a consultation is requested. To request a consultation, submit the pathology report, all associated case materials (clinical history, blocks, slides, etc.), and the Anatomic Pathology requisition form (form #32960) in place of the Immunohistochemistry Stain Form.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010046||PIN4 Client Case or Reference Number|
|2010047||PIN4 by IHC|
- 34 βE12
- Basal Cell Cocktail