Reflex genotyping panel for prognosis and treatment selection when a higher level of subtype resolution is required. Do not order prior to molecular confirmation of positive HCV screen.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On cells: Ambient: 6 hours. After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 4 Months.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0055593||HCV Genotype by Sequencing||32286-7|
- HCV, Subtype (Hepatitis C Virus Genotyping)