Use to monitor heparan sulfate (total disaccharides and nonreducing ends) for MPS Type II patients who are on therapy.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), plain red, or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 500 uL serum or plasma to ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 250 uL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma collected in green (heparin) tube. Refrigerated specimens received in lab more than 24 hours after collection.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 24 hrs from collection; Frozen: 1 month (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008776||MPS II, S/P Interpretation|