- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained 5 microns slides. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed ot processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 ot B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2008520||1p19q by FISH|
- 1p deletion FISH
- 1p,1q codeletion FISH
- 1p/19q Deletion
- 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas, FISH, Tissue
- 1p/19q deletion in Oligodendroglioma
- 1p/19q FISH
- 1p/19q in oligodendrogliomas
- 1q deletion FISH
- Chromosome Analysis by FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- LOH (Loss of Heterozygosity) 1p/19q in Gliomas
- Loss of Heterozygosity (LOH) 1p/19q in Gliomas