Aid in prediction of response to HER2-directed therapy in patients with breast or gastric cancer.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Fixative duration: 6-72 hours. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block or 5 unstained (4 micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit recommended but not necessary). (Min 2 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens. Tissue fixed for less than 6 hours or greater than 72 hours.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049241||ERBB2 (HER2) by FISH||42783-1|
- c-erbB2 FISH
- ERRB2 FISH
- HER-2/neu FISH
- Her-2/neu Gene Amplification or Overexpression
- PathVysion FISH