- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- The first 2 mL of CSF that flows from the tap should be discarded. Transfer 5 mL CSF to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. Freeze immediately. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to more than one freeze/thaw cycle.
- Completed requisition form required.
- Ambient: 48 hours: Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008096||14-3-3 Protein Tau/Theta, CSF||51833-2|
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- Human Prion Disease
Performed at NPDPSC