- Patient Preparation
- Females should avoid high concentrations of antifungal cream or contraceptive jelly, and should not douche prior to time of collection.
- Cervical, anal or vaginal specimens with the ThinPrep Pap Test Collection kit.
- Specimen Preparation
- Vortex ThinPrep PreservCyt solution and transfer 1 mL to an APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube (ARUP supply #42711) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any media other than indicated above.
- Specimen source required.
- ThinPrep PreservCyt solution: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 2 years
APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 2 years
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007891||HPV, High Risk by TMA||49896-4|
- HPV HR E6/E7 TMA
- HPV RNA
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)