Preferred panel in the workup of suspected myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Polymerase Chain Reaction/Pyrosequencing
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL) OR 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
If JAK2 V617F is reported as "Not Detected," then JAK2 Exon 12 Mutation Analysis by PCR will be added. Additional charges apply. If JAK2 Exon 12 is reported as "Not Detected," then MPL codon 515 Mutation Detection by Pyrosequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
81270, if reflexed add 81403, if further reflexed add 81402
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051245||JAK2 Gene, V617F Mutation, Qualitative|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MPL codon 515
- MPN reflex