Use to differentiate tumor from reactive gliosis when morphology indicates tumor may be a glioma.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787. (Min. 3 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining.
- This test code includes pathologist interpretation. Include surgical pathology report. When ordering, please identify tissue site. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007358||IDH1 R132H Mutation Reference Number|
|2007359||IDH1 R132H Point Mutation by IHC Result|
- Astrocytoma and Oligodendroglioma Tumor Cell Marker
- IDH1 Point mutation IHC
- IDH1 R132H antibody staining
- IDH1 R132H IHC