May be useful in the evaluation of past exposure to arsenic in situations where concern over exposure is high, but urine results are negative. For acute or chronic exposure, Arsenic, Urine with Reflex to Fractionated (0025000) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect a pencil-thick segment of hair. Bundle, cut at roots, wrap with twist tie at root end.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 500 mg hair to an ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tube (ARUP supply #43116) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 500 mg)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Undetermined Refrigerated: Undetermined Frozen: Undetermined
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)