- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min. 3 slides). If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining; specimens fixed in any fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin.
- This test code includes pathologist interpretation. Include surgical pathology report. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007325||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Reference Number||57723-9|
|2007327||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Result||35474-6|
- ALK D5F3 antibody staining
- ALK D5F3 staining
- ALK rearrangement by IHC
- ALK rearrangement staining