- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate. Collect in a heparinized syringe
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin). (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature
Submit specimen according to Biological Substance, Category B, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens
- Although bone marrow is the recommended specimen type for hematological disorder studies, blood can be substituted if bone marrow cannot be obtained. Refer to Chromosome Analysis, Leukemic Blood with Reflex to Genomic Microarray (ARUP test code 2007131). This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form (#43099) or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097605||Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow|
|2009470||EER Chrom Analysis BM w/Rflx to Array|
- Bone marrow karyotype
- Cytogenomic SNP Microarray - Oncology
- genomic microarray