Detect IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in whole blood or bone marrow. May have prognostic significance in patients with hematologic malignancies, depending on the clinical and genetic context. For FFPE tissues, use IDH1 and IDH2 Mutation Analysis, Exon 4, Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Tissue (2014188).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA) OR tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole blood: Transport 5 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained 5-micron thick slides (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slid (s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated. FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled containers during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen specimens. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens. FFPE tumor tissue: No tumor in tissue. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- For FFPE specimens include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
FFPE tumor tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006445||IDH1 and IDH2 Mutation Results||35474-6|
|2006510||IDH 1-2 Source||31208-2|
- IDH1 SNP
- Isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) 1 and 2
- Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1
- Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 2